(March 21st to April 19th)
1. Understanding that committing your love to one person does not mean that you are ‘settling’ or bringing an end to your adventurous lifestyle.
2. Ignoring your desire for instant gratification, and instead focusing on meeting someone who you truly feel a patient, steady, and deep emotional connection with.
3. Making an effort to steer away from the selfish choices you used to make in relationships, and to focus on the fact that being in a healthy and happy relationship means being part of a team.
(April 20th to May 21st)
1. Accepting that you can’t control the feelings of anyone you date, and that the only feelings you can control are your own.
2. Acknowledging your struggles with jealousy, but also reminding yourself that it is definitely something you can work on and manage, rather than looking at it helplessly.
3. Deciding to give out your warmth and love unabashedly, without obsessively measuring how much you get back in return.
(May 22nd to June 21st)
1. Acknowledging the anxiety and insecurity you feel when it comes to dating, and knowing this is totally normal and human – and that it’s not something you should ever feel ashamed about.
2. Being totally yourself in front of the person you’re dating, rather than being who you think they want you to be.
3. Being open about the fact that sometimes you’re all over the place when it comes to love, and that you’re uncertain and hesitant and inconsistent, but that you’re working at it every day.
(June 22nd to July 22nd)
1. Learning important lessons from past heartbreaks, and then letting it go instead of clinging onto this pain like you’ve tended to do in the past.
2. Cutting out the people in your life that you know where just using you, or who were taking way more out of the relationship than they were putting in.
3. Not letting past hurts keep you from giving all of your heart and all of your love to the people who truly deserve it and who give just as much back to you.
(July 23rd to August 22nd)
1. Figuring out how to be passionate in your relationships without trying to control everything.
2. Learning how to be your typical generous, warm, and giving self, but without measuring anything or expecting something specific back from people – basically, just learning how to find joy in the act of giving, without expecting anything in return.
3. Accepting that love is always going to be unpredictable and it’s near impossible for you to know what will happen next.
(August 23rd to September 22nd)
1. Refusing to let your brain search for things to worry about or to come up with things that could go wrong – especially when you’re really happy in your love life or seeing someone who you really like.
2. Focusing on spending time with the type of person you can really talk to and connect with on a deeper level, rather than searching for someone who fulfills a specific number of points on your checklist.
3. Working hard every day to continue believing that you truly deserve happiness and joy with someone who treats you well.
(September 23rd to October 22nd)
1. Making concrete, active decisions about your love life instead of waffling back and forth over what (or who) you want.
2. Understanding that having a happy and committed relationship does not mean in any way that you have to sacrifice your friendships or your social life.
3. Not worrying about choosing the person who everyone else thinks you should be with, and instead choosing the person who makes you feel the most happy and the most like yourself.
(October 23rd to November 22nd)
1. Tackling your issues with jealousy head-on, so that these issues don’t have a chance to interfere with, or ruin, your chance at a happy relationship.
2. Being as open as possible when you’ve met someone you really like, instead of keeping a lot of your life a secret because you’re convinced that will give you more control.
3. Looking at love not as a game or a challenge you need to manipulate, and instead looking at it as something that’s incredibly unpredictable and incredibly enjoyable because of how unpredictable it is.
(November 23rd to December 21st)
1. Giving yourself permission to just relax, have fun, and be yourself with whoever you’re dating, rather than thinking you have to follow one specific set of rules when it comes to love.
2. Embracing your tendency for honesty and straightforwardness, because you’ve come to understand that these are two incredibly beneficial and important personality characteristics to have when it comes to love.
3. Making active choices about your love life, who you want to be with, and what kind of relationship you want to have – instead of just assuming all of these things will be figured out on their own.
(December 22nd to January 20th)
1. Accepting the fact that you can’t approach love like it’s some kind of math equation.
2. And learning to enjoy the fact that love doesn’t make sense and love doesn’t follow standard protocol, and that this is part of the reason why it’s so thrilling and joy-inducing.
3. Deciding to finally start being optimistic and (logically) hopeful, instead of convincing yourself that having a miserable and fatalistic approach to love is the ‘smart’ thing to do.
(January 21st to February 18th)
1. Deciding to put your heart on the line for once, instead of keeping it isolated and locked up like you have done in the past.
2. Being the first to address your feelings for someone, and learning how to enjoy the thrill and adrenaline that comes with putting yourself out there.
3. Coming to the terms with the fact that falling in love does not mean that you lose your independence or your sense of self – and that with the right person, you will only feel more encouraged to continue figuring out who you are as your own person.
(February 19th to March 20th)
1. Ignoring everyone who wants to tell you how to live your love life, and deciding everything for yourself instead.
2. Feeling proud of your instinctive sense of compassion, instead of feeling self-conscious about it.
3. Looking for the kind of person who expands your world endlessly, instead of someone who just wants to make it smaller.